Winter is fast approaching and what better time to indulge in some of the finest winter fruits available!! There are so many wonderful tasting, juicy fruits in winter, i've listed some below.
- Mandarins - Available all winter. Choose the heavy ones as they have more juice.
- Clementines - December. Small sweet and juicy.
- Tangerines - All winter, Sweet intense.
- Kumquats - End of winter to spring. A small bite-sized citrus fruit with edible skin.
- Oranges - All winter. Sour and juicy, try the Sicilian blood oranges (sanguinello).
- Lemons/Limes - January though to May. Perfect salad condiment.
- Pomelos - All winter until March. Thick skinned. Dry often tart but sweet in flavour.
- Grapefruits - January to late summer. Super juicy, perfect for making juices. My favourite is Grapefruit, Ginger, Turmeric.
- Pears - Mid-summer to winter depending on variety. Sweet when eaten ripe.
- Apples - All year round depending on varieties. Good for making raw apple and cinnamon oatmeal.
- Persimmons - Short season early winter. Super sweet and juicy. One of my favourites.
- Yellow/Green Kiwis - Late winter to spring. Floral, sweet and sour.
So whether you like them juiced, cooked, stewed, crumbled, jellied, jammed or just straight up, there's plenty to choose from this winter. Enjoy! the